Monday, February 13, 2012

Floor is done, and the walls begin


This is what the floor looks like after grouting. I'm not sure if the grout is supposed to dry the lighter grey or the darker grey. In any case, it will be sealed in two weeks.
Which do you like?


I've practiced sealing grout on the kitchen, so I now know what to do when I seal the floor.

I like how they echo the direction of the wood in the rest of the house. They are also being used as baseboards in the bathroom.






Now that the floor is done, the wall tiling is beginning.

 
 That rag in the wall is covering the showerhead, so dad doesn't bonk his head on it.

Dad's been in this room with the glue too long I think. (Mom and I went to a Tafelmusick in Toronto and took the day off.

you can see the grey tile as a baseboard behind the cardboard at the bottom of the wall.








I am making a face, as dad is taking a picture instead of looking at how we're going to deal with the wall/ceiling gap. I am a stickler for tiling details.

Also, i'm standing on a chair.

Yes my toque is on inside out. That is so the hat is not wrecked when dad drops tile glue on my head.

This happened twice. eeeew.


The back wall of the bathroom is now tiled floor to ceiling.

The light is waterproof and recessed.


















The next wall.

Notice the way the staggering around the corner is done so that there is no "sliver" of tile and the pattern from the back wall is maintained.

Nice shot of the baseboards. 
The tiling will go up to the window, where a larger frame, and a wider sil is going in. What use is window ledge if it's too narrow to put a plant on it ?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment