Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More Progress

Since I last updated, the floors have made progress - they are now leveled with self-leveling skim coat















and backer board applied over top.  I have no pictures of that.

Next the wiring was fished through the ceiling/attic/walls to install a light in the hallway.
My mom found a set of pendants at the Restore over the summer, so the 2nd one is going into the hallway.


My dad is modeling the surprise at seeing matching lights when you look from the kitchen into the hall. also, he's covered in 100 year old dust from crawling between the joists.

I make dinner and clean up, that's my role.
Oh and pay for things. can't forget that.

The brick wall is where the extension butts up against the original house. Sure I would expose the brick in the bathroom and run conduit wiring and get fancy. But that's not in the cards for this house.




A light was also installed in the bathroom as well, above the bathtub/shower.
The only lighting left to install/choose is the vanity lighting.
___________

Today the fan was installed. I chose one that was 0.8SONE. It's quiet and awesome.
Dad installed it like a boss.

The attic also got insullated.

Normal houses have ceilings made of joists and dry wall. Mine has toungue and groove wood panels, covered by drywall, covered in plaster. Whoever built this house really, really, really liked their plaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment